What do we do?
- gives state leadership and advice in negotiations
with a range of bodies such as government, industry,
commerce, unions and other interested organisations;
- advocates on a national and state level for adult
literacy to be included in policy statements and curriculum;
- promotes fair and equal access to resources for
adult literacy learners throughout Queensland by assisting programs
in different work and lifestyle contexts;
- promotes quality provision of programs, professional
development, research and curriculum development;
- publishes Write On, Tutor Tips and eNews;
- provides seminars, workshops and meetings
to meet the needs of adult literacy teachers and tutors.
Learn more about the History of QCAL – click here