QCAL (Queensland Council for Adult Literacy) is a voluntary non-profit organisation representing Adult Literacy in Queensland. QCAL promotes literacy as the key to effective life-long learning for all.
It seeks to establish and maintain opportunities for adult members of the community to improve their literacy and numeracy skills.
QCAL supports teachers, tutors and volunteers by providing professional development events and, within this website, resources such as TUTOR TIPs, WRITE ON and a substantial list of printed and online materials.
For full access to these services CLICK HERE TO JOIN NOW.
What do we do?
- gives state leadership and advice in negotiations with a range of bodies such as government, industry, commerce, unions and other interested organisations;
- advocates on a national and state level for adult literacy to be included in policy statements and curriculum;
- promotes fair and equal access to resources for adult literacy learners throughout Queensland by assisting programs in different work and lifestyle contexts;
- promotes quality provision of programs, professional development, research and curriculum development;
- publishes Write On, Tutor Tips and e-news;
- provides seminars, workshops and meetings to meet the needs of adult literacy teachers and tutors.
Click here to Learn more about the History of QCAL.